Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Tragedy

Campsite Death

Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning has left a teenage girl dead.  She had been sleeping in a tent with a used disposable barbeque, whilst on a camping holiday in Shropshire. 


On the morning of 6 May her sister raised the alarm, after going into the tent and finding four of her family unconscious.  A boy and two adults were given oxygen therapy before being taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, the boy by air ambulance.  Although paramedics battled to bring the girl back to life she unfortunately died at the scene.
 

West Mercia Police and Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are investigating the girl’s death.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This tragic accident highlights the dangers of carbon monoxide, all the more deadly because it is odourless and cannot be seen.  If a victim survives they can still suffer serious injury to the central nervous system as a result of the carbon monoxide poisoning, sometimes with long term disability.

Head Injury UK

At Head Injury UK we have many years experience in successfully pursuing carbon monoxide poisoning claims, which more commonly are caused by defective gas appliances such as a gas fire or boiler.  If you, or someone you know, has been affected by carbon monoxide poisoning, then contact Andy Shaw for a free consultation to see how we can help.

 

What our clients say

We know that we have been extremely fortunate to have had such a consummate PI lawyer in Andy acting on our behalf but we have also been blessed by having had his support, trust, friendship and loyalty throughout. We cannot ever thank him enough.

The compensation Nicola has received has helped her move from a tiny council flat into a massive bungalow which has been specifically adapted. It has enabled her to have a better life.

If it was not for the help of my solicitor I don't know where I would have been today. He provided a great deal of emotional support and secured compensation at various stages from the insurance company to fund my treatment and allow me to live. He was there from start to finish.

Higgs & Sons acted for us for 5 years until our daughters claim for personal injuries was finally settled. Ian remains a trustee of our daughters trust fund and we now look upon him as a friend.